www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Symonds doesn't give a Monkeys as he lands Bollywood Role.

Semi-retired all-rounder Andrew Symonds, who felt he was the victim of racial abuse from Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh in 2008, is truly embracing the sub-continental nation with a role in a Bollywood film likened to Bend it Like Beckham.

Symonds, 35, is off the scene in Australia after retiring from first-class cricket and shunning local limited overs matches, but he is in demand in India, where his services were bought for $850,000 by Mumbai in the recent IPL auction.

Ironically, that process made him a teammate of Singh, who he accused of calling him a 'monkey' at the SCG three years ago. Charges against Singh were downgraded after the incident temporarily threatened relations between Australia and its populous, cricket-mad opponent.

Posted via email from poobumwee's posterous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I could havе sworn I've visited this site before but after browsing through some of the articles I realized it's new to me.
Rеgardless, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-mаrking it and cheсkіng bаck often!


Also viѕit my blog houston garden centers pasadena tx