www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

How to get your kids to eat Brocolli



Serve it in a McDonalds Wrapper


Junk-food advertising's influence on young children has been confirmed by research revealing vegetables taste better to preschoolers if served in McDonald's wrappers.

In a study prompting renewed calls for restrictions on fast-food marketing, four out of five children preferred hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries, milk and even baby carrots served in McDonald's packaging, over identical food in plain wrappers.

Childhood obesity experts said the results of 300 individual tasting comparisons, with 63 children aged three to five, were alarming.

Seventy-seven per cent preferred fries served on a wrapper with the golden arches logo, compared with 13 per cent who liked them better in plain packaging.





I know from personal experience that this is true.

Thanks, the ever useful The Age

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Have you ever seen "Supersize Me?"

McDonald's lures them in at a young age with Happy Meals, cheap toys and the playplaces.

Colin Campbell said...

Yes we have a copy. The kids love to watch it and know what junk food is, but still want to go at every opportunity. We probably go about once a fortnight. I was listening to the radio in the last week and somebody was proposing to ban the brand linking with happy meals. I think that would be sad. This is the parents role, to just say no.

Anonymous said...

Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and I
am shocked why this twist of fate didn't took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

My blog ... crash diets that work

Anonymous said...

Hey there!
It appears as though we both have a passion for the same thing.

Your blog and mine are very similar. Have you ever thought
of writing a guest write-up for a similar website?

It is sure to help gain exposure to your blog (my website
receives a lot of visitors). If you are interested,
e-mail me. Thank you so much

Keep updated and have a look at my site at Shooting Games [] for
a lot more information.