www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

No I don't want a free mobile phone. Thanks.

Australia has just introduced a Do Not Call Register to screen those annoying calls. The web page where you can register crashed due to overwhelming demand in the first few days. There are still many bodies who can call, including worthy causes and politicians. At least there will be fewer free mobile phones from Mumbai.

As this article in the age, which echoes my views exactly, says, why not a Please Do Call Register, for those socially isolated members of society, who like to receive pesky calls at the wrong time of day. In addition, I have the same advantage that the writer has, in that my wife has a different surname and the phone is in her name. Whenever they ask for Mr (My Wife's Surname), we can cut to the chase and chase them away.

Australia is much better than America, where it seemed that there were calls every night. Perhaps I am just not fully integrated into society here yet. For those who really don't like these kinds of calls, I can recommend moving to Kathmandu. I don't remember receiving any unwanted calls there. Usually the phones were down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know
a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I
think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

Also visit my web-site :: bodybuilding supplements without side effects