www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hey You Get Outta My Nose


Keith Richards snorts a mixture of his dead father and that white stuff.

From The Age

In comments published today, he said he snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002 at the age of 84.

Richards, 63, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was number one on the Who's Likely To Die list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list."


I used to work as a short order cook during my skiing days in Aspen. The cook, the most screwed up individual I have ever met, used to throw knives and plates of unsuccesful food around the kitchen all the while cursing and swearing at everybody.

He used to like to start his morning shift with a line on the front bar and a Budweiser. It was a miracle that any food was served. What to expect from a drug addled Vietnam vet with 10 kilograms of chips on his shoulder. His colleague kept going on about how he hated Japs. I thought he was racist, not realising he was talking about Jewish American Princesses. 'Merican Culcha Ye Gotta Love It Y'all

2 comments:

James Higham said...

Yeah, read this. Sound a bit like the Python sketch about: "What do you have in that bag?"

Bill Haydon said...

Odd story, that. The strange thing is, my instinct is to believe that it is 100% true.