www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 13, 2007

SMS = Sending Messages Suks

Not being much of an SMS type of guy, this is useful.

I find the impact of SMS on written English very jarring. What to say? I am over 40 and a bit of a stickler on spelling and the like. Of course you can use the programme in reverse for those tricky indecipherable cryptic notes that sometimes appear on my phone.

Translation for our more smsavvy viewers as follows.

I fnd d impact of SMS on ritN en vry jarring. w@ 2 sA? Im ovr 40 n a bit of a stickler on sp n d lk. Of corZ u cn uz d prog n reverse 4 doZe tricky indecipherable cryptic notes dat sumtyms appear on my ph

Thanks Beerli

3 comments:

CathyW said...

Can't say SMS-ing is one of my preferred choices of communication! And the text speak is another language, so yes, those sites were a relief when I found them!! I agree with your acronym!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It's jarring but a necessary fact of life these days. I don't think there's anything wrong with an adaptation of language for a specific purpose but I confess I punctuate my text messages! It's still the teacher in me!

Anonymous said...

Really no matter if someone doesn't understand after that its up to other people that they will assist, so here it occurs.

Feel free to visit my web-site; diets that work Fast